NEWS AND EVENTS
Capacity building for curricula modernization of Syrian and Lebanese HEIs and lifelong learning provision: towards sustainable NGOs management and operation with special focus on refugees
Erasmus+ KA2 – Capacity Building in the field of Higher Education
Virtual Study Visit
University of Oldenburg, 5th November 2020
Due to the continuous situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19), and to avoid any additional delay in the implementation of the project activities, a virtual study visit was organized by the University of Oldenburg. BigBlueButton online web conferencing software was used with the participation of all partners.
The visit was held on Thursday 5th of November 2020 and the following topics were discussed:
The objective of the study visit is to have an in-depth understanding on:
- An overview of the offerings/activities of the University of Oldenburg (Sustainability/NGOs/Refugees) .
- The Preparatory trainings and placement of jobs for refugees in Oldenburg.
The Virtual Study Visit included presentations about the following subjects:
- Services for refugees at the University of Oldenburg
- Job placement for refugees
- Curriculum Development
- Presentation of the Centre for Environmental and Sustainability Research at the University of Oldenburg
- Supporting refugees and migrants in coping with everyday life
- Orientation and support for refugees (labour market)
Participants then discussed the progress made on all project work packages and the plan for the activities on the next steps, especially within the current situation of covid-19.